RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mounting Servos inside Wing
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mounting Servos inside Wing

Awe dang, too bad. You might have to get you one of those little keychain cameras and mount in on your hat. That works pretty well believe it or not. There's a pretty good thread over on Spadworld discussing the best ones to get. Let's see..... http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic...asc&highlight= Try that. ZZRobbie over there has been doing a pretty good job of keeping all the different ones separate. Mine was $8 plus $7 shipping from somewhere in Hong Kong off the Bay and it does a pretty good job when I stay in pretty close to it.

About the servo making the weird noise, does it just sound like it's over-extending? Or perhaps the arm is hitting the edge of your hatch hole? I wouldn't think the latter if you can adjust it with sub trim and it works ok but just a thought. Is it centered on the ground when you turn on your receiver? I hope it's just something like that and not a bad one. Just in case it goes out on you in flight, just remember to try not to panic. You can fly with one aileron and you can also probably get it down with just the rudder unless you're in a real steep bank when it goes out. Just keep on flying it and don't give up on it. Try to stay calm and you'll probably get her down in one piece. I'm definitely going with the hatch technique on my next one!