RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx 3908/3903 Build-Update-Painted body pics!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM
guys2nv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Maxx 3908/3903 Build-Update-Painted body pics!!!

If the lst2 shocks are bigger in diameter then the losi 8ight's your gonna have major rubbing issues on the upper a-arms and the lower spring cups will hit the driveshafts (the 8ight's rub a tad on the shafts). Aren't savage shocks way to long compared to the maxx shocks? If I break a shock tower (which is pretty much a given that I will) then I'm gonna most likely order FLM towers since I already have the shock standoffs for the losi 8ight's but didn't need them for the stock towers.

@ Stampedvxl-Before you dye your chassis make sure you get it as clean as possible b/c the dye won't make it through any oils/grease on the chassis. I started off with a brand new chassis and still cleaned it with simple green just to make sure there wasn't any grease on it. I'm very happy with the results of how it turned out-no splotches at all and the color is very even. I dyed the chassis by itself and did the bulks/skids/gear cover/lower skid plate seperately. I bought 3 packs of black powder rit dye and used 1 1/2 on the chassis and the other 1 1/2 packages on the other parts and I let them sit for a good hour before I took them out. I heated the water until it just started to boil then dumped the water in one of those dollar store aluminum turkey pan things then mixed the dye and stirred it the dropped in the chassis then covered it with alum foil to keep the heat in. I stirred up the water/dye every 20 min's or so and moved the chassis/parts around in there so the color went in evenly. I pulled them out and let them dry and noticed some staining of a light brown color where the water dryed so I cleaned them with a sponge and dish soap and after that is the results in the pics. Also-wear rubber gloves and some clothes ya don't mind getting dirty and cover up anything you don't want dyed.