RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: brenthampton79 so does this take the normal and scan mode away and always stay in the scan function where it always scans before you fly, I read the manual but I am still confused about how it works and what it does. I am guessing that it stays in the scan function and searches for the cleanest frequencies evertime you power it up correct me if im wrond though
Please refer to the link provided post 3484 and header at top of the attachment..
The Aurora is used in Normal mode for everyday flying. Only in a very noisy environment would some users havetested with Scan Mode and then changed back to Normal mode for use.
Amendment to "Scan Function"makes intention clearer and easier to followpictorial instructions.

20Apr11 from elsewhere,an expanded answer:
"New "smart scan" is basically an easier way of picking a new set of channels per your environment other than going into scan mode and then back to normal mode which is what is recommended to use. Scan mode was nice that it picked a new set of channels each time, but really unnecessary and some of the downfalls with having to cycle power on the both the TX and RX made it inconvenient. First of all note that the Hitec team has never done the scan mode to normal mode trick as we use the same channels picked by normal mode and have flown at all the major events with zero issues. The only time I would suggest you use the scan function is if you need to avoid another device or if somehow you are having problems at a specific field.
Linking telemetry and non-telemetry Rx's... the technology requires a different binding method. When binding the Optima (telemetry) RX's you would utilize the same exact procedure that you are familiar with, but with the new Minima RX's, you must push the link button again to get the blue light flashing. - Mike"

Alan T.