RCU Forums - View Single Post - CRASHED plane due to servo chatter!! :>(
Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: CRASHED plane due to servo chatter!! :>(

This is why I never use Ys in any of my planes. When a friend owned a hobby shop we took new y harnesses out of the package and tested them. Several of them were bad right out of the package. I don't even use extensions, if I need longer leads I just lengthen them with added wire soldered/spliced. At the field when someone is having problems with there servos acting funny the first thing I ask is if they have a Y harness, if they do then removing it usually cures the problem. Your 7ch radio should be able to do away with using them. For folks using the smaller radios sometimes Ys are the only way to set up a plane, they just have to be aware there can be a problem. One of the main reasons for buying a bigger radio is to be able to program a plane without the use of Ys, they are just another point that can create a problem. Just having a dirty terminal on one can create a lot of trouble. Read your radio instructions and do your set up without using Ys, that's what the added channels are about.