RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello A.T. - (or knowledgeable others) - I've kept my A9 firmware current, except I've not update the Spectra 2.4 module. I don't use telemetry. Is there a need for me to go ahead and upgrade the module firmware? If I do that, does it require that I re-bind all receivers to the upgraded module?
If not ever going to use the Minima series of receivers (they are not transceivers), then no need at present to upgrade beyond V2.0.
Only Spectra modules updated to V3.01 and above can be used for Hitec AFHSS 2.4Ghz Minima series of full range receivers.

An Aurora can be changed between V1.06, V1.07(2) and V1.08 at any time but if changing up from V1.06,
then the Spectra Module must be upgraded to at least V2.0 and in same HPP-22 menu, the module's internal Low Battery Warning must also bealso be set andsaved (even if left on auto 4 or 5 cell RXpack).
Spectra modules can be changed between V1, 2 & 3 as desired but then also check the other units which may also need changing in same direction.
Spectra Module - V2.0 & HPP-22 V1.04 Update 01Oct10.
(inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 & how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)

Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only,
otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution.

each time a Spectra 2.4Ghz module of Optima 7ch &9ch is changed from one version, backward or forwards, then it isprudent to also reset ID(Bind). and most certainly Range test.
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure (item 5)

Alan T.
So, Alan, I think you told me from these links - NO - I don't *need* to upgrade, but YES - I will need to rebind every receiver as a precaution if I choose to update the module.

Is that the bottom line?