RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just getting started... quick question!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
dakoris73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just getting started... quick question!

Hello there, and welcome to this side of the RC hobby. Asking whether the Spektrum radio's are good or not is kind of a loaded question. It is true that there were some problems with the Spektrum radio's cutting out, especially when using a 4.8v reciever pack. But going to a 6v Reciever pack seems to have reduced the amount of problems, but thats just heresay...... When it comes to radio's, everyone's got their own opinions of all the radios available, and each opinion is correct... for that individual. I would suggest speaking to those at your field that you will be flying at, and see what they are all flying, because when it comes down to it, when you need any help with programming mixes, or trying new things, they are the one's your gonna turn to for help.

I personally love the Airtronics line of radios, as I have an RDS8000 and SD-6G 2.4 radio. My reasons for going to this radio system is the cost of the receivers being very affordable compared to Spektrum or JR/Futaba receivers. I also like the ease of programming that comes with these radios, makes it easy for the new pilot to get comfortable with, and not feel too lost in trying to set up their planes. But thats just my personal opinion. We have several folks who fly with the new Aurora 9, Futaba Super8FG, Spektrum 7's and 8's and they all really like their radios too. So basically it all comes down to personal preference, and also what the majority of your club is flying with as well.

Just something to think about...........