RCU Forums - View Single Post - When did you start into rc?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: When did you start into rc?

From day one, really. I got my first RC experience waaay back in 1990 when my dad had his frog out and about. 'Course being less than a year old I don't really remember much but it did foster an interest, because I can remember getting my first toy grade around age two. Hopped around toy grades until I was 12 or 13, then landed a MiniZ. After I wore that the hell out I got my first proper hobby-grade, the CEN MT2 which now sits in my closet awaiting restoration.

My interest in planes didn't spark until around age 7. At the time RC was more or less just a collection of toy-grades, my main focus being on model trains. Ran N-scale. One day I headed into a Hobbytown USA to pick up a few box cars and some track and, hanging there right above the door, was a nitro trainer. It was like a light switch. I had to have one of those. It took me a while, but now I've got one, and I absolutely cannot wait to get it completed and see it in the air!

What sucks is that I have a thunderstorm keeping me from doing anything with any of my RCs!