RCU Forums - View Single Post - *World Models 70" P-47D THUNDERBOLT*
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 AM
iceaxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *World Models 70

hey guys I just maddened my p47tonight I have a dle 20 in her and am also running eflight 60/120 etracts in her
how did you guys go with the cg mine was just in front of the recommended cg but still feels slightly tail heavy in flight I'll drop a bit of weight in the nose I think
well she is pretty easy to fly and very light I only had a 14/9 three blade prop that she flew rather well on but I'll read through to see what two blade you guys are using and as for trimming she only needed two clicks up and two right to fly hands off
was rather impresses with the roll nice and smooth and faster than what I thought she would be was happy with the way she flew on the dle which had about four minutes running when setting up the throttle before she flew and she handled it great
the only issue I had wad trying to land her I dropped the flaps and came around on final and she would not decent so tried again with out the flaps took me about four or five attempts before I finally flew her down on to the strip
with the dle I was able to put around at just quarter throttle and she just nudged around has really great low speed capabilities but when she did stall she did bite me bit I was just floating around by that stage and she recovered quick when power was applied