RCU Forums - View Single Post - To the old salts...
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To the old salts...

TO THE Original Poster:
I have only read your opening statement. If I may offer up some advice? Here goes.

First and foremost: Please remember this. This will be your Grandsons first foray into the RC world. I would suggest that you dont get too wrapped up in how an airplane looks. You may have been in the RC community for awhile and a trainer is way far behind you. Your Grandson on the other hand just needs to learn how to fly on a stable, forgiving and slow airplane.

Even though you will be buddy boxing with him, he is gonna think that it is his airplane and will be proud of it regardless of looks.

The airplanes you listed are all great trainers. Here is one I think you will like as well as your Grandson. It is very stable. Flies slow and fast. Is Aerobatic when you want it to be. Try looking for the following:

World Models Skyraider MachII. Comes in either red or green and does not look like the run of the mill trainers out there.

I bought one of these and put a magnum 45 on it and it served me well. I sold it and miss it.

There are plenty more out there including the sticks. Whatever you choose your Grandson is gonna have a blast with it.

Wishing you the best.

Glenn Williams