RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 04-21-2011, 03:20 PM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF

ORIGINAL: Capt Midnight

Graphics Update

I sent my copy of the graphics that came with my R3 to Bad Brad Graphics last week, and have been working with him on the phone this week to fine-tune converting the graphics package into something that was more complete, and more to the point, user-friendly and easily installable as they will have a built-in carrier strip, which the original graphics did not have. The end result is displayed in the photo below.

The original package was very lacking in that some of the graphics were incomplete, or missing entirely (at least in my set).

To explain the graphic photo below further, the ''NR1312Y'' and the ''TEXACO'' graphics shown in ''Lime Green'' with a black border, are actually 2-color graphics (White vinyl with a black border). The reason for the is two-fold; to allow the ''NR1312Y'' logo to be used and placed anywhere on either the top or bottom of the wing (the original graphics did not have anything for the wing), and to keep the ''TEXACO'' from ''bleeding out'' as happens when White logo is used over a Red background without a border. The ''NR1312Y'' art is sized at about 16'' wide and the ''TEXACO'' is about 18'' wide and both were scaled off the original supplied graphics.

The four round ''Texaco Star'' logos have a Kelly Green ''T'' on the star, and are sized at 5-1/2'' in diameter and will allow their us on the cowl, as well as on the top and bottom of the wing next to the ''66'' numbers (if the user wants to). The ''66'' numbers were copied and styled from my 59'' Electric Gee Bee R3 that I did 3 years ago, as they are more contemporary and typical of a futuristic Granville Brothers R3 built in 2011, rather than the square-edged, military styled numbers used in the original graphics. 4 sets of numbers are in the package; 2 large for use on the wings, and 2 smaller for use on the fuse sides.

The small ''NR1312Y'' numbers are for use on the rudder, and scale out at about 5-3/4'' side.

Lastly we come to the Gee Bee R3 Special logo... This was styled after the full sized Gee Bee Sportster on display at the Udvar-Hazy hanger at the Smithsonian; you can't get more ''scale'' than that. This is 2-color art (Red with a Black border) that is scaled to fit the 50cc version. If you want all black, Bad Brad can to do that also, or you can give your 7 year old daughter a magic marker and let her whack away at the tail after you think you're done; you'll probably end up with something that looks better that the original graphics anyway...

I'll be meeting Brad this weekend at a local swap meet that he's displaying at, and picking up my graphics. Any changes or notable differences, I'll note in a future post. If you need to get a hold of Brad, his info is...

Brad Schulz
1558 Sylmar Road
Cedarburg, WI 53012
262-377-3944
www.badbradgraphics.com

Later... B.
Nice job on the graphics Captain Midnight! For those that dont know Bad Brads work, it is second to none and his pricing is more than reasonable! Get in line guys for his graphics you wont be disappointed

Go low if you wanna make a show
Jimmy