RCU Forums - View Single Post - which is better TC3 or Hpi Pro 2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 06:51 PM
FlyEggbeaters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is better TC3 or Hpi Pro 2

I've owned both and personally, I prefer the TC3 for ease of maintenance. In terms of handling both cars respond equally well to changes in settings. I was able to tune both very easily to my style of driving which is slightly loose. My only complaint with the HPI is that the belt needed constant adjustment and was slowly getting looser over time. Keep in mind that I race frequently so I am abusing these cars everyday. We have a track setup at the office for after hours carpet racing and my coworkers and I race everyday. The only negative with the TC3 for me was the driveline lash. There is a bit of play on the shaft and this play causes a sudden application of power that can break the wheels loose at times exiting corners. The HPI was much easier to pour on the power smoothly. Personally I didn't mind this and for me the TC3 wins due to ease of maintenance of the shaft drive. Ultimately though, my lap times were more consistent with the HPI but the TC3 was still my main car. I don't consider any of these traits to be problems just characteristics of each car's design and engineering perspective.