RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some guidance
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need some guidance

ORIGINAL: Clmbngfrk18

So I'm going to be starting a project vehicle. I want to build some thing from scratch. It's just going to be a very basic 6 wheel hopefully amphibious car. I plan on doing a dual electric motor set up where steering is done similar to a tank where you use the 2 motors to turn it. Though I have a few issues 1st I know nothing about esc's. Mainly I think I'll be using a high turn motor(55t). It looks like the best option I'm not looking for speed but power and the rock crawler people seem to go that way. So I'm looking for a esc with forward and reverse but I'm trying to keep this low budget. Perhaps there is an esc that will run 2 motors I'm not sure but I'd assume those are $$$.

Also I'm looking for a TX/RX for it I'm thinking 4 ch with dual sticks leaving the other 2 channels for possible gun turret if I get ambitious. I looked at some of the flysky ones and they have dual stick but I'm not sure how the other channels are run.

I figure it's probally in the long run be about 1/10th scale thinking I'll use some sand tires that way if I does end up in water it can move albeit slowly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get this done over the next few months as I have Just an idea in my head I'm trying to make real.
done something similar
the flyskys work fine BUT you have to modify one of the 2 sticks to auto center seeing they are for airplane use, and the throttle stick stays put
I did it with a little piece of plexi glass cut into the shape of one of the others, a body pin (paperclip would work), a little spring (something better than the ones in pens), a piece of plastic to cut, and patience.

Always wondered why ppl in college called me McGuyver

As for ESC's you can hook 2 upto the ESC, just have to disconnect the red wire on the servo plug coming off one of the ESC's