RCU Forums - View Single Post - which is better TC3 or Hpi Pro 2
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 01:49 PM
usagi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is better TC3 or Hpi Pro 2

Originally posted by someguy
I don't think the pro 3 was an improvement on the pro 2, i think it's insanely worse. It's just a terrible design in my opinion. Center mounted batterys dont help handling and it makes the drive train really screwed up to have the bayys there. Also look at the insane suspension arms, I know they dont alter geometry being bent but it does make them less stiff. I dont like any feature of the pro 3. But back to the original question from the thread starter, the pro 2 is a fine car. It's lighter than the tc3 which is a plus. I have a pro 2 and an xray evo 2 and the evo2 handles slightly better. Both are very well tuned though. It is a bit of a pain to adjust anything on the pro 2 however, and I agree with rcfreakinfl that soon parts will probably fet hard to find, although they havent yet for me. If you dont want to mess with trying to tune the pro 2 better, ditch it.

You know at lot of people said the same comments about the pro3.
I own a pro2 and really happy with it. But the pro3 oh wow its was ungodly bad. I know there are alot "how said" they liked their pro3. But the chance are they didn`t drive the car, more likely it was just for looks then a race car.
The pro4 well i put some thought into buying it when its released. But it all depends on quality of parts and the final design concept.