RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flaps or flaperons?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:07 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Flaps or flaperons?

ORIGINAL: 1976kjell

I have a really old goldberg cub with standard ailerons. Ive experienced that is a bit hard to land, often the plane passes the airstrip in speeds thats to fast for landing.

Im may gonna make one servo on each side of the wing, then its possible to use the flaperon function on the radio. Thats the easiest solution. Will it work, will the ailerons have enough ''power'' to steer the plane enough when I use the flaperonfunction?

Another solution is to cut aproximatly 1/3 of the ailerons and use these as flaps and have just one servo for the flaps, and one servo for the ailerons, both in the center of the wing. The reduced length of the ailerons could also reduce the ''power'' of them to steer the plane.

Any experience or opinions?
Don' know how I missed this one!
I ordered one - after seeing an example last week at the park
It is called FunCub by Multiplex and available from various sales groups - Mine is from Horizon Hobby

very scale - very light- under 10 oz ft wing loading at 590 sq inches! first pic is full scale- last pic is model
The workmanship and design on these tough foam models is exceptional -even the wheels and tires are made from the stuff. Iwill use the glider program for Radian -in my DX8 tx thisprovides adjustable flaps and or flapperons OR crow or reflex in ailerons and flaps
Sorry -no formulas today
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14113.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1601944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34130.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1601945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52917.jpg
Views:	32