RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 AM
citation560v

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Hi All ,
Cheers Paul for your comments , Im the pilot/owner of the Falcon of the above video and photos . Firstly i'll have to congratulate Paul on his Achievements and his falcon, Flying it very well and his efforts to get it ready for the recent Jet day were huge.

The Falcon.
All solarfilm has been removed , balsa sheeted and fibreglassed. Bolt holes for attaching booms and stabs have had 3mm plywood 3cm diameter Circle plates reccessed into the structure to provide support for the bolts. All servos have been attached to cover that sits flush to the surfaces, see photos. Retracts have been fitted and trailing links with airpower wheel and brakes Pre cut out gear bays sheets and re cut to suit landing gear. The Gear Rails have triangle reinforced blocks glued in. The Spar has been incresed in length to make it to the next rib ( standard spar falls short and the spars are solid glass fibre rods front and main.

All formers in the fuselage from behind the nosewheel were removed and replaced with formers suited to my fit out. Twin level Front Radio Trays between the first 2 former locations, All Turbine and fuel related systems installed on the Fueslage floor between Radio Trays and Fuel Tank. ( I can provide photos if anyone is interested) . A nose gear door is installed and controled from an airswitch when the nose retract is up and locked. A berry juice container serves as the Fuel Tank with a RBA Header tank. Engine Choice Jet CAT P-60 with 7 degrees downthrust mounted in a alluminium bracket attached to a 10mm x 10mm spruce wood beam screwed and glued to the Wing root former and the solid wood block at the end. A cut out was made to sink the engine closer to the datum line of the aircraft. Metal Bolts were used though out the aicraft for wings/boom/stab attachments. 2S 5000mah Turnigy Lipo for the ECU and 2 x 2S 2200mah Turnigy lipos for the receiver using a Powerbox Sensorswitch. Jetronic Brake Valve and Servo Operated Retract valve. JR 8411 Servo on the Elevator , Spektrum DS821 Servos on Ailerons, Flaps, Rudders and Nose Wheel Stering. 10mm Crow Braking on Ailerons when Flaps max down ( 75mm from Wing root trailing Edge. )

Im at work at the moment, So unable to tell you of any other control Deflections however if anyone would like to know im more then happy to check them

Thats all i can think about at this point in time but if there is any questions im more then happy to help if i can

Safe Landings to you all

Best Regards

Michael