RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine shutting down on take off
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine shutting down on take off

ORIGINAL: airraptor

if it was so rich to the point the engine dies then he would never get off the ground. if rich and advance the trottle it would load up and he would abort the takeoff. adjusting the plane with the nose in the air can be a good way to set it but if trying to get every bit of rpm out of it could be lean.

the first thing i do if having engine problems is a new plug and new fuel.
then check engine for leaks. Carb, head, rear cover and so on.
then pull the tank and open it up and replace all fuel line.
replace fuel line to engine.
then try again.
i have found clunks fell off, holes in line letting air in once some fuel comes out of the tank

Not necessarily, that depends on how rich the needle is set at. My engine would have got off the ground, but she would have wanted to croak or stall out on me.

ORIGINAL:hotrod31

ok, i didnt want this to become a contest but im starting to feel the pressure! lol. I agree with too rich due to the fact it doesnt seem to have full rpms when in the air and there seems to a decent smoke trail when flying and makes a huge oil mess on the plane, so i doubt it's too lean. I will try too play around with it tonight. thanx **there might be a free gms .47 to give away** ]
We are just eager to help. We might not always agree, and we aren't always right, but we all have a good heart and love the hobby and enjoy helping a fellow flyer.

A P-47? No thanks, I was hoping for that nice BUSA Fokker DVIII! Darn!

Good luck Hotrod31,

Peter