RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine shutting down on take off
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: engine shutting down on take off

ORIGINAL: hotrod31

well gentlemen, I played with the high end and low end needles and I think I may have got it! and wow it is picky. I will find out for sure the next flight if it's good. Now whether it was too rich or lean i'm not sure, but my gut(and its a big one) and adjustments tell me-low speed was too rich and high speed too lean. Hopefully this engine will work better than it has in the past. Thanx to everyone!

It can happen. All of them are a balancing act but once you get the magic spot you usually just have the high end to fool with if weather or props change. From winter to summer my high end requires about 4 clicks rich or lean to keep in tune. I almost never have to touch a low end needle once it is set. Our weather has warmed up again and getting back to normal so I have had to lean my engines again. To tell what engines I have or haven't tuned is pretty easy, if they are sluggish or have a big smoke trail I can pretty much guess I haven't done that one yet. I guess it would be easier to just write down what plane I have done but I'm pretty lazy. Good luck with yours.