RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 05-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Tsavah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

ORIGINAL: BJ64

ORIGINAL: javabased "... praise..., since the labels... perfectly aligned. Everyone thought I did it on purpose and said it showed attention to detail."
"your LiPo had more electrons on one side " BJ
Now those areworth repeating! You just know those sneaky electrons can do a job on the balance of a LiPo and unaligned labels are deadly. LOL! Got to love inspiration and the observations of experts, or novices. For some reason the above really tickled my funny bone today. Thanks, I needed that.

On a side note - working on Arupy No.#2 since No.#1 (recycled Nutball into Snowball with 20% of front chopped off) is a bear to fly. Three times I took the freshly repaired Arupy out for a test fly and three times it crashed soon after take off. It might have been a too strong puff of wind, but itcould be my slow reaction time. This design seems to need more trim work and a slower take off speed. The stronger (higher KV) motor is proving a bit much to handle even with a 2s battery pack and has made this flyer a speed demon. A 3s battery pack would be a bear to manage on this bird.

The repairs have been limited to the flimsy ground gear I glued up from 3mm sheets of EPP foam since I didn't have any thicker. I am starting to think I should have sandwiched some thin plywood in the center of the layers of EPP to make the skids tuffer to break. Imay have to give it up and buy some 9mm sheets and make some Fat Bob floats with some sort of stiffener between a few layers. Imay even add wheels on No.#2 to make the rotation during take off a bit easier. The Zip tie on the bottom of the skids don't show any wear yet, but I really need something slicker and as tuff.

Icould be trying to make a tuff as nails foam plane that is light enough fora 2 or 3 s battery pack and protects the propeller; the Holy Grail of cheap and easyRC park flyers. May be a mission impossible with this design, but I just cannot let go of the idea just yet.