RCU Forums - View Single Post - 90mm fan specs
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
ACES&8s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 90mm fan specs

I wanted to say...the Hoaye fan is very difficult to balance, AND the collet for mounting has to have a cross hole drilled into it to hold the shaft for tightening the nut, and also it's most often off-center.

4700 watts proly wasted, a better setup for 90mm and up needs to be trued in a machine shop, like the Wemo Rotors.

My Hoaye 7 blade fan was a power hog...scraped the fan, in lieu of a wemo, for a 4 cell motor, since I'm an idiot for using 4 cell, but they are 40-50C lipo. For ordinary low-cost lipo 6-10 cell on 90mm is best. A 6 cell pack and 100 amp ESC can max 2200 watt, 8 cell can max 3200 watt, etc. Running more than 100 amp causes LOTS of line loss unless your cables are Huge! Think about it...4 kilowatt should honestly get more like 18 to 20 lbs. static. Going Thevenin route...12 pounds of thrust should use maybe 3.2K

I apologize for the negative feedback. However I could offer...Show a vid on Youtube, of an ordinary 9 cell, 20c pack on a 90 with a static thrust meter, of some sort.

I would like to see...giving doubt