RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
DronN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

About dives.
Guys, this airplane is as tough as the Angel 50. I occasionally stop flying routines with Wind, and do some crazy stuff. Yes, it includes full thro dives with aggressive pullouts..
Very tight KE turns on full Thro, KE spins, blender parodies (can't do them good, too small elev.) I would say this plane is hard or impossible to kill, at least I cannot do it.

About Mixes and T-Canalizer.

T canalizer helps very much in integrated rolls, figure M in P11 is much easier to do, yet I find a bit too less side area in Wind, I'd like to see more. I will try wing fences tomorrow and report my observations and try to video it.

I hated the plane at first, I had turnigy SK motor in it on 19x12W prop (to get some watts out of it) It died once, I fixed it, last week it threw a pole (windings burned on one pole due to short with stator) I replaced the motor with !350! KV one that I could get in LHS, and I needed one fast. I was sceptic, but man, 17x12, 2300w= AWESOME!! I did some brake programming, and I can honestly say- 17x12 is enough to do same speed uplines and downlines!

This plane likes speed, I flew it on 19x12w before, snaps where wobbly, flight itself was not great.
Now it is a different story, with all mixed out- this is super great piece of airplane.

Mixes:

My plane is imperfect, at correct CG (45 degree upline slowly goes to horizon)
I have 3% downline, 6% rudder to ele to one side, and 4% to the other, Rudder to aileron is 3&5% accordingly.

Servos.
If I would build new Pattern plane, I would build 2 meter one, not WindS 110.

If you want to have competetive Wind 110, Aileron and elevator servos must be JR digitals, my Hitecs are not so precise as I would want, 7775's on wings are ok, but digital Mini's (5945 or whatever it is (hitec has only one digital mini) ) are not as sensitive and smooth. This is seen when you program a mix of let's say 4% to rudder, and it only starts to move at the end of the stick, I would say- they have small resolution.

Batts.

On wind, 8S is the way IMO, 10S weight would kill KE stuff because of weight.

In no wind conditions Wind is a perfect airplane, when wind comes up, you better pray for it to stop blowing

I have about 150 flights on mine, and ~20 on new motor, I won few local competitions as well as Nationals, but I doubt I can put it against 2M.