RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 60 NX in a 40 size case...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 60 NX in a 40 size case...

ORIGINAL: blw

Ed, you can Like whatever you wish. You have probably owned more engines than most members.

I agree about the fin design and most feel the same way about them.

My opinion is the Evolutions are supposed to be the top of the Sanye line.

I'm just trying to stir up some conversation, blw. Not an argument. Just in case you were wondering. As I have stated previously, I like Sanye engines and I like them a lot.

I get a little nonplussed when American importers try to sell we Americans on the idea that a Magnum or an Evolution engine is in the same class as an OS engine, based solely on their own creative marketing hype.

I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck. It is how we in the West survive. But sometimes I just have to challenge the status quo of marketing hype/perceptions being everything and real world technical performance being nothing or insignificant.

While it is true that Magnum and Evolution engines are good running engines, they are not quite equal with OS Engines - in my opinion. In some ways that count very much (parts prices), one could consider Magnum and Evolution way ahead of OS Engines.

Speaking of OS, their styling has left their traditional excellent, no nonsense styling and is now following the styling of some of the most recent four-stroke motorcycle manufacturers. Of course, there are plenty of folks that like that styling over the old stodgy appearance that I prefer. So be it.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to speak additionally on this topic. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Ed Cregger