RCU Forums - View Single Post - help on power box champion rrs
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Moerig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help on power box champion rrs

ORIGINAL: kjb

These are the fs versions I assume they are by standard in normal ?.

I just tried different servos connected to the channel for steering, futaba 9451,and JR8411, hitec 649, same jitter but a mini futaba no issue. The problem also goes if I put the steering on a matched channel from the PB i.e. rudder, and leave the gear and lighting direct on receiver. Concern is it seems to work for other people, but then a few have experienced similar jitters and used only signal wire in rec. Madness........... with 1 receiver and no power box it is fine
I think your problem is the servo on the RX. The PB internal electronics and RX are probably powered from the same regulator and cannot handle the power spikes generated by servos on the power bus OR the Rx itself is glitching due to the bad regulation. The effects will not seem logical because the servos vary in their ability to generate noise, mostly due to the characteristics of the motor inside. Depending on how the PPM inputs from the rx are aligned in time, adjacent channel pulses may get corrupted.
Sort of exactly the sort of thing you would hope such an expensive gizmo would NOT do.
Your best bet is as suggested before is to "borrow" the power from the PB direct and only use the orange wire to the RX.... The danger here is that if you dont, your RX is not going to be happy with such poor voltage regulation