RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
bedowinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

ORIGINAL: Velco

Last weekend my scorpion 4035-250 made a screeching noise in the uplines so I immediately came down. On the ground it also made that same noise at 75% throttle. At home I dismantled it and the front ring holding the stator had moved by some 6-7mm. Everything was put back in place and I was hoping that this would have solved the problem. I did inspect the magnets and the windings and they did show some markings but nothing serious. Also all the magnets seemed to be glued OK. But, there was also some white hard stuff in between some magnets that could move around in between them? I guessed that it was may be used for balancing the rotor?

Today at the field again the same problem at 75% throttle! I opened it up again immediately but could not find the cause. A friend is saying that it also might be an ESC (Jeti Spin 99) and that it makes that sound when 1 phase is gone?

Well, I do not trust that motor any longer so I am most probably getting a Hacker 5016L V2, that just came out. Unfortunately I would have to prop down to 16x10 as I want to stay with 10S.

But something else also came to my mind. Has someone tried or even considered using a back mounted motor on the Wind 110? Would strengthening the wall which is usually used for the bearing which supports the motor from the back be enough? And if yes, how it should be strengthened?

There is one motor which in that case fits perfectly and it is Koratop 40, check the dimensions

http://www.kontronik.com/images/stories/produkte/einzelne/masszeichnungen/Kora_Top_40.jpg

I really want to stay on 10S so all suggestions are welcome.

Velco

Sounds familiar.
You might try cooling the motor after each flight for 1 minute. The abuse we subject these motors to leads to alot of heat that needs to be blown away.
The 4035-250 is supposed to get some reliability upgrades. Check with Lucien at innov8tive.
Another possibility is an AXI 5320/34 front mounted. You will need to modify the motor box. It seems more reliable, but it's not the stump puller the 4035-250 is on 10S.