RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central NEW YORK boaters
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
engineman351

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Neil and Bob...It was good to see you guys in Elmira on Friday. I spent way too much time tring to get my gas rigger to run. As it turns out, Friday night after having dinner with the Kozuck Brothers I headed back to my place at Keuka Lake and swapped out the Quickdraw out for the Zenoah that was in the 'Evil' Seaducer. I think I used every tool I had in my 'boat' bag plus a bunch more that were in the shed at the Lake to complete the swap. It took me from 10:30PM til 2AM to get all the hard parts changed and everything else bolted back together. I had to finish the waterlines and carb spray cover at Elmira Sat morning. Even then, we still could not get the rigger up to speed right off the bat. It seems the rigger's less than forgiving engine mount causes tremendous vibration that kept shaking the carb and carb spacer off the motor. After re-tightening with lock washers and more loctite, everything stayed together and it finally ran some pretty fast laps. After I got back to Rochester, I looked up some Walbro carb info and I think the main issue with the Quickdraw is that the carb is missing the gasket under the metering diaphram. I had only tried the motor once before and had the same issue but I didn't suspect the carb because it was in a Walbro box and looked like it had never been used. Go figure!! I am off to North Carolina for the next two weekends so I will not be able to make it to Craig's pond anytime soon. I did fire up the Mongoose .67 Sunday just to make sure the engine runs. It sounds ready to go. Roger C.