RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

ORIGINAL: tele1974

I am using a new fuse and I am getting significantly more vibration noise from the pipe and its attachment in the tunnel. The only thing different is the motor was mounted last year using well nuts through the firewall. I am suspicious the well nuts were actually reducing some vibration. I may try the well nuts again later. For now it just needs to get in the air. I have contest in two weeks and we haven't been able to get out to the field. We have had rain practically everyday for the last month... not okay.
A screw loose in front of the controls... thats funny. Need a hammer?

Tele,

I think I have posted photos somewhere in here on how I mount the pipe. It's a simple single Lord type rubber isolator with a U shaped pipe holder. Dave Brown actually sells something very similar. The U shaped holder is made from carbon cloth but could just as easily be made from aluminum sheet. The holder has tabs on it around which I fit a silicone rubber band like an oring. I place the mount at the approximate CG of the pipe; the front side is attached directly to the header. Simple, effective and lightweight. Been mounting pipes this way for almost as long as I've been flying Pattern.

Hard mounting this engine isn't that bad actually. It's about the smoothest running 2 stroke in this size I've experienced. BUT, soft mounting reduces noise substantially