RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
eastcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico's Nexstar ARF Wing mount Probs

I pretty much have a Nexstar built over the last few days, This is my second plane, bought a GP Cherokee last year. Love it. So i wanted something this year for some floats/Skis in Winter.9I know kinda backwards But... I wanted something that could take a hard landing or 2 or 3 lol. So i went with the Nexstar.
It has the wing bolt to the PivotFlex design. But for the life of me i can not get the Wing bolt aligned with the Mount. I tried the 2 that came with the Cherokee just too see if either of them would work but no luck. I did a bit of research but nothing really, there are a few threads here and there with a few different fixs etc... From tampering the Nut,(Which im not fussy on) too shaving out the inside of the Wing Mount hole,giving it more angle for the bolt!!
Im Just wondering if there's any more ideas/Mods.
There was a incident or 2 of the wing coming off. The manual says "push in the Bolt till you here a little snap then you are ready too tighten in, Ive heard the snap but only when its off to the side and miss's the block all together. There was the issue guys thinking the wing was secured too the mount, They say there is approx 1mm off set from the mount too bolt, But mine is way more then that.lol

Thought ARF's went together easy lol

Thanks