RCU Forums - View Single Post - IS ASP 52A 2 STROKE GOOD?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 AM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IS ASP 52A 2 STROKE GOOD?

ORIGINAL: Dale Campbell

I have purchased 3 new of the ASP52A 2 stroke engines. I put them in 3 differant aircraft. I ran all 3 to break them in and have the same problem with all 3. All 3 are mounted inverted and have tried everything I can think of and can not get them to idle down. They run strong at full throttle but as you throttle back to half throttle or below they quite. I have made all landings dead stick. I am using #8 OS glow plugs and changed them many times. I did notice when sitting with fuel in tank they all will drip fuel from carb untill tank is empty. Is the idle adjuster my problem or are they not good engines. Dale
When an engine is mounted inverted, typically, the carb is much lower than the standard upright mount. This can result in the fuel tank being mounted too high for an inverted engine. It sounds like you are syphoning fuel out of the tank. Try lowering the tank in the model so that the center of the tank is as close to being centered on the carb as you can get it.
Before you take on all that work, you might want to try running the engine with the plane inverted and see if this improves the performance. This will have the effect of lowering the tank.