RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 AM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft's

same prop the MC will be faster out of the box because it has a hotter motor. My MG stays on the water just fine in chop as long as you set up for chop and not glass, the same goes for all boats.

As for the hooks in the MG, this is something that could happen to any batch of boats, mold gets a little out of wack or whatever, I've seen a Geico that was pretty true out of the box.

I think the MC looks better in race water because the people driving it in that water know what they are doing and have the boat set up for it, where there is a lot more MG footage on the net and some are set up to run extremely loose, hence the blow overs and crashes.

The MC does have a better canopy, 1 it is fiberglass, 2 it is square so super easy to tape.

I love my MG so I don't care to talk down on it.

I think too many people in RC's expect a race machine right out of the box, simple truth is, from cars to boats all the models need to be set up to suit the driver, the track, conditions, and the model itself.

I'd probably go with the MC just because it is newer to the market and not many (anyone outside of brian bauss, doby and a few others) people have it.

You will be happy with either boat, unless you're a self pretentious ******* who complains about everything, in that case nothing will please you so better to give up now.

As for looks, it think both boats look bit**** with the stock graphics scheme. They are both scale models of champion boats, how do you go wrong there? Colors would be nice but you can't sell a blue Miss Geico, that wouldn't make any sense.

and there is my .02 on the matter.