RCU Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO GET PEOPLE INTO COMBAT?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 AM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW TO GET PEOPLE INTO COMBAT?

ORIGINAL: Clean

Had a pretty good day yesterday, been getting one of the guys at my club into combat. Gave him a HOR last year, he stuck a 32 on it and I've been trying to keep up with him with my 25 combat ships. But it works out pretty well. Last couple weekends we've been doing combat at the field. It hasn't caught on to other folks because there's never anyone out there when we do it BUT we have a club meeting this next weekend and I hope someone else gets interested. Our field is also right up against the highway so often, like yesterday, there will be someone driving by that stops and watches a round. Last night we heard a car turn onto the gravel and held off to let them pass then figured out they were watching so we got back into it. After we landed they were clapping and yelling, pretty cool and I have to say this guy is pretty hooked. The cool part is, right now we have to walk the 50-60 yards to the north side of the field because the rest of our field is surrounded by Corn and we don't want to go down in that stuff. So we walked to the end of the field with the models on cruise. When we got there he wanted to fly combat at the leisurely speed we were flying, I agreed and it was on. Relaxing and fun and the slow speed made the reversal I flew that garnished me his whole streamer, right in front of us, was easy to see. After a bit of dragging two streamers we agreed to add a little more power to keep us out of the beans. Shortly he took my streamer off and then the guy nailed his throttle. Oh sure, NOW he doesn't want to fly low speed combat when he's dragging the only whole streamer around. To make matters worse he NOW has figured out how to use his throttle, I don't know if he's figured out that there is a delay between when he kills throttle and when I can hear it change, but he'll probably figure that out as well. I mean I cut him again but it was work. It was a string cut and the string bound up behind my engine and killed it so we were out of the round. Cool part though, I had 2 cuts he had one in that round which gave me victory for the day. And a couple cool pictures.

[link=http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/mrclean417/Silly/?action=view&current=34439_1340092428129_1405715559_3080.jpg][/link]

[link=http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/mrclean417/Silly/?action=view&current=38346_1343874562680_1405715559_3080.jpg][/link]

[link=http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/mrclean417/Silly/?action=view&current=34380_1336724583935_1405715559_3079.jpg][/link]

Now we just need to get a couple more to play with us. He actually is thinking of going to a 15 so we have a more casual rate like when we throttle down. Oh and the last picture, when he saw me pull out my camera to take the picture he was all politely trying to pull it off before I snapped the pic. 'here, let me clean that off for your photo'. Yeah right, buddy!
geez clean, making fun of the new guy i see, btw ill be back in town on monday so im free for more combat, ive also got some good ideas from the combat guys down here in wichita so let me know when you want to go to .15 size, ill join in. btw the secret wepon.....pink insulation foam and a cnc foam cutter.....