RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Corsair tail wheel build
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
nzphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Corsair tail wheel build

Hi Luke,
Yes, I was aware you were the originator. I’ve read, many times, all the threads I can find on all the forums on building the YT/ESM/KMP Corsair. I must congratulate you on your thinking “outside the box” & coming up with the double sided PC board which is so simple to solder to.
I can easily scale part A up to the correct scale by importing the drawings into Corel Draw & increase it to the 95mm length. I assume that all the parts on that drawing are to be increased & not just part A? Do the sizes of the Tail wheel assembly / shock absorber remain the same?
As far as the pilot size goes unfortunately, being in New Zealand, I cannot get a GI Joe here to try for size. Mostly we have to mail order from US, Hong Kong or Singapore to source 90% of our scale modelling requirements so we try to get the right size first time as postage, particularly from US, is a tad on the expensive side![sm=cry_smile.gif]
Anyway, thanks very much for sharing your knowledge & experience with me & the rest of the people that follow this forum.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Phil