RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much for an original vintage Tamiya Thundershot?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Plasma2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much for an original vintage Tamiya Thundershot?

Hi All,

I own an original vintage Tamiya Thundershot. I bought it when I was a jung boy in the 80s, but didn't play with it too much. It's condition is pretty good, but some rubber parts need to be replaced, like the tyres.
Last week, when I was at my local R/C dealer trying to get some new tyres for it, the sales clerk told me that it's very hard to get some new ones, btw as he's collecting original vintage tamiya R/C modelshe said he's highly interested in buying it.

This surprised me a little, as I wasn't aware that there's a market for these things. He asked me to make a price, in case I want to sell it.
As I have no idea how much you can get for such a model, I wanted to ask you all for suggestions.

To describe it a little I have the original Thundershot from the 80s (58067), also with many hop-up parts (stabilizers, spoiler, ...), but I've kept also the original parts that have been replaced by the hop-up parts. The overall condition is very good, even if I have to admit that the paint job I did in the 80s was really bad (so he'd might want to replace the body and the decals). As mentioned the tyres need to be replaced as well (getting breaks) and probably the complete greasing needs to be redone.
I also have the manual and the original packaging, even if not in a very good condition.

So what is your opinion?

Thanks,
Plasma2k