RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

well, I do have a video of some sort but not what I wanted since the 35Plus21 drag race modified, the block is cut down and no cooling head for prolonged periods of running the engine. I do have a Kangaroo that is a street cut with a full head and uncut block that will go on today......lol. I'll re-do the video with the street version engine Kangaroo on it then. Here's a few pics of the Carbon fiber chassis that I made and if you know anything about the CD3 cars, both driveshafts that go from the transmission to each differential are the same length. I moved the engine more forward so that the header would clear the Kawahara tires and bigger if I wanted to put them on. Moving the engine forward required me to get two new driveshafts made......one much shorter than stock and one much longer than stock. Doing this also required me to use a much smaller X-ray 1/16 scale fuel tank so run time is alot less BUT I can modify and use the stock CD3 fuel tank if need be. All in all this car was designed for street drag race use anyways so the smaller tank is what I needed.

The receiver isn't mounted yet either as I am just having fun with the car and will mount it later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM9IaUfEe7c