RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?

To answer your question about Weatronic. The receiver has two whiskers 7 1/2 in long on the Micro series. The last 1 1/8" is the active area. There are two complete receivers in the case so it is like have a receiver and a remote where the two active antennas can separated by 15" max. Both receivers hop frequency approx. 100 times a second.

There are two complete transmitter RF sections in the Transmitter module. The receiver telemetry transmits back receiver battery voltage, receiver temperature, and RF field strength. The transmitter records this data on an Micro SD memory card. The log file on the memory card has an entry each second for the receiver data plus transmitter voltage and the control position of each servo at that point in time.

I have ground range checked the Weatronic Micro to 2700ft. (as far as I could get line of site at the Arvada,Co. flying field). I passed under a HIGH VOLTAGE power line during my range check and the log file showed reduced RF strength when I was near the power line but I still had total control.