RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?

Is there any proof that there were range problems? It would be interesting to know if anyone didn't fly due to problems experienced on the ground. If there were range problems, was it anything to do with installation? Without knowing, it is impossible to say whether satellite RXs would have helped or not.

I'm not sure how the flight lines are arranged and how the frequency control works but assuming the site only allows one of each of the 72mhz channels out at once then that is a max of 50 TXs (pre 2.4). Bearing in mind at any one time there might be people returning/collecting their channel the number of transmitter turned on would be lower. If the reports are correct that talk about 100+ 2.4 TXs on at once then it is a big jump. It's great to say 'let's go back to 72 but that would reduce the numbers flying at once. Would having a limit of 50 2.4 TXs have prevented any issues? I don't the answers but to dismiss 2.4 without knowing (not guessing) the causes of the crashes is, in my opinion, premature.