RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Futaba, or just 2.4, problems at Joe Nall?

ORIGINAL: g6rcteam

yeah but we cant go to topgun and compete with a fm set we are forced to go to 2.4 for the big contest and flyins i to have some old fm futabas i love......... 8cap 4exa conquest and a pcm conquest sometimes i stil use these radios in funfly planes or 60 size sport models i have 1000.00 dollars tied up in my 2.4 gear that i got two weeks before topgun only to find out that its no good and all the companys are having problems at big meets so if we changed to 2.4 for safety reasons maybe we need to go back to fm am till they can put out a good prouduct that is SAFE! </p>
Nothing is ever going to be 'safe' if your definition is it'll NEVER have a problem. What has made you decide your newly purchased 2.4g equipment is suddenly 'no good' and useless? I've been flying 2.4g for quite awhile now and never had a problem, but I know I'm not immune to issues, I just do whatever I can to reduce the chances.

It seems like there could be an issue at massive events like Joe Nall due to Rf saturation, but for your average contest, it really shouldn't be an issue. Even at Top Gun, how many contestants are there, and how many radios are on at any one time?