RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central NEW YORK boaters
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig, Nice looking Seaducer. You do good work!! I know we all want to go faster (or be the fastest!) but a 50-55mph heat boat will probably finish a lot more heats by being almost as fast in the turns as the straights and not going willy nilly in some chop. The only boats I can recall doing a sub-one minute six lap heats in Elmira are .45/.67 riggers. Those turns take a big bite out of the lap times. FYI...the drivers stand looks great. Unfortunately it will be a while before I make it back to Stony Pond. I'm off to North Carolina for a wedding this weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to try some of my new builds over the Labor Day weekend. Roger C.
Hi Roger,

I hope you mean Memorial Day weekend. Labor Day is a few months away... And yes, Stony Pond will most likely be open for testing on Memorial Day weekend. We may have to give the kids a chance to go swimming though. It depends how crazy they are. When I was a kid and my parents had their place on Canandaigua Lake, we always went swimming on Memorial Day no matter the weather!