RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many Jet Jocks are considering dumping 2.4 and going back to 72mhz?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
yellowbird911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many Jet Jocks are considering dumping 2.4 and going back to 72mhz?

Our field has been in an up roar about 2.4 lock out problems. Three giant scale planes have been total loss. After looking into it, a couple may have been related to voltage issues. We did some testing. With a fully charged A123 at 6.6 volts running though a JR switch and a short extension, all were 22 guage, with a 2 amp load from a standard field checking device the voltage dropped to 4.7. With the A123 plugged directly into the load checking device the voltage dropped to only 6.1 volts. Now imagine what 8 5955 servos in a snap roll might do to voltage. I would be interested to know how many people have lost a plane due to lock out and was using a power expander like a Smartfly. I know that on my 35% with 2 power leads going into reciever from an A123 the voltage drop was around 1.3-1.5 volts according to the Hitec telemetry. This was on the ground with all control surfaces fully flexed. I added 2 more battery inputs by soldering in leads to two more servos. Now the most I see is maybe a 0.3 volt drop fully flexed. IMHO some, not all, lock out problems could be set up issues and not a 2.4 link failure.