RCU Forums - View Single Post - June 2011 AMA's Model Aviation
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:36 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: June 2011 AMA's Model Aviation

ORIGINAL: AERORICH73

My issue has not arrived yet, but in reviewing my 90's RCM magazines I have no positive thoughts about the coming June issue of MA. I understand the change in mind set of the new decades of people, but would really enjoy some back to basic education in craftsmanship to building models in past years. It seems to be now only a marketing system to buy, crash, and buy. Rememberiing my time as a youth when fishing for trout, I did not hesitate to get fish goo on my hands when cleaning the fish. How come there seems to be such a problem in cleaning castor oil off of a model, and having your hands smell just great. If you want to play with electric trains, just go ahead, and leave us castor oil guys play in the oil without messing around putting train motors in our hobby models. Stop advertising electic train stuff in an aircraft magazine.

aerorich73
Sorry buddy. with all respect, the magazine belongs much more to us gas power plant users, and electric power users than to slimy power plant users such as yourself. Do not like it? go back to fishing.

I do not like.. Well, not true, I do not care about u-control or FF. I have no problem on it being in my magazine. Why? Because they are a small segment of our hobby and as such, part of the hobby. Same as you slimy people. You have a right to get coverage because, you are part of the hobby (small, and shrinking, but part of the hobby).

Perhaps you should read a bit the magazine, and avoid a blatant show of ignorance comparing a model train motor to what we use. Well, maybe you are talking about really BIG train models, who knows.

I think the AMA hast to cover ALL segments of our hobby. Nothing wrong with living in the past, at least, you have no surprises:-) But, most of us, live in 2011...

Gerry