RCU Forums - View Single Post - FLORIDA RC AIRBOATERS
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 AM
asmithnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLORIDA RC AIRBOATERS

ORIGINAL: marshrabbitt

Here is my opinion for what its worth.... I can see both sides here. I understand what Lester is trying to do and accomplish but I also understand Chris's side. I personally just like to get together and race each other and spend time gossiping about the sport... I think we should get together about 4-5-6 times an year...make our videos and just have fun. Because thats what its all about..having fun at what you love to do. I see no need in spending extra money to join a club just to have insurance and have a crowd watch you race....there is a lot of work putting all that stuff together and that takes all the fun out of it and pretty soon you are sick of it. I also feel if we continue to have these local meets...this friend will tell that friend and more people will build them a boat... come to our meets.... and then one day you might have enough people to go bigger into the sport, if thats what the majority wanted. Who needs to recognize us anyway? As long as we recognize ourselves what does it really matter? I am not trying to get a major sponsor or win alot of money, I just like to run my boat, I just want everyone to get along being there are so few of us as it is in the sport and share the passion with each other and whoever is interested.
I like it. I'll try for twice a year. You blokes are too darn far away.