RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 AM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

First, I want to thank the author of this review, Greg Covey -as wellfor those that have made their comments. At the time of this post 5-23-11 this plane is now offeredby Tower Hobbies for $129.98 with the membership in their club, you can get it for $110 give or take a buck. From all that I read, this reduced price makes this plane a much better value.

I am curious if Greg ever got the issue with the flaps sorted it out. Having flaps is a nice feature for newer pilots, but not if they cause the plane to mis-handle when they are activated.

This configuration plane shouldn't have any issues with "tip stalling" so the comment on that are a concern, as well gluing the cowl on is not a good idea. Cheap way to go, rather than the right way. Wondering if that has been changed to magnets as they have done on other newer planes. I have to find out.

I like many like the looks of the Cessna 182 Skylane and considering this is "foamie" it looks pretty darn good. I have been looking at the Banana Hobbies 182, which is a tad larger wing span, and more expensive. Having said that, it is bar farthe best looking foamie version of this plane I have seen.

Issues there are, that Banana has mixed reviews on anything to do with service, Tower Hobbies on the other hand, is rock solid on customer service. Always a major factor.

I am not sure yet if either of these planes is for me. The photo Greg provided makse this plane very invititing, and his review contained no deal breakers. Adding that to the current Tower pricing for this bird, I hear it calling to me "buy me, buy me".

I think I will do a little more research before I order one. Again, thank you for your review Greg!

Just for comparison, I posted photos of the Banana Hobbies Cessna and the Tower Hobby plane. What do you think?

Boomer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vt57363.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1613414