RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM
DashRiprock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

well I finally got a break in the weather today and even tho it was windy as heck I got to run out most of a tank of gas thru my boat.
all in all it didnt run so great but on the good side it didnt die on me either. it was pretty hard to get started the first time but once i got it started
it ran didnt die on me at least.
I checked my Hi speed needle settings  before starting it it seemed to idle a bit hi to me. anyway i launched it and when i tried to slowly open the throttle a little it cavitated pretty bad. it actually went slower whenever i tried to give it more throttle. im not sure if the choppy water condition had anything to do with this or not. this was with the stock prop by the way.  the prop shaft is in the neutral position,should i angle the prop down so it will be a little deeper in the water or maybe adjust the trim tabs down a bit to stop this problem? whats the best way to fix this little problem?

and another thing, after i ran it and got it out of the water i noticed it had taken on some water, maybe 3 or 4 oz. even tho i was running it with the canopy on. i took the advice i read somewhere on this thread about slicing up a water noodle thingy and running down the right side of the inner hull for some extra flotation and also glued some to the inside of the hatch in case it falls off at least it will float.