RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Serpents Den

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

one of the things that does happen when running your boat...you will get water coming up along the flex shaft, through the stuffing tube too...you want to keep that flex shaft greased well...each person has their own choice when to regrease...Iprefer to regrease it every 6 or 7 runs, regardless which boat I'm running...ithelps keeping it nice and lubed up, prevents premature breaking, and slows the amount of watercomingup through the tube as well...another thing I like using in my boats, andthere are quite afew others here too, replacing the water plug that comes with the boat and installing an autobailer or two....another tool that helps keep the amount of waterdown inside your boat when running it...
you are correct,it is a good thing having foam/pool noodles glued to the inside of your hull and a pc. glued to the hatch as well, ithelps so you don't lose either if it overturns or takes on a ton of water...keeps them from sinking...
...rc boating is about tweaking the settings, trying to get the best out of your hull and motor...take your time...it'll take a few tankfuls before your hull starts to come alive...keep checking all your fuel and water lines...make sure all fasteners are tight and not working loose....it's all about havingFUN with it. I'm hoping that with my work hrs, besides flying one of my rc planes or heli's once in a while, that i'll see some decent weather on a day off where I can take out one of my boats for a few runs every now and then.....hmm..there's always that gas powered 'cat' that i want to work on too...never enough time in the day...