RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF's are Kits?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:46 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ARF's are Kits?

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

Why don't we meet in the middle: The box contains a beautifully built and covered fuselage, and printwood, shear webbing and spars to build the wings...

Good business model, or have I alienated absolutely every RC pilot in one go? Nevermind...

The way I see it, every ARTF will end up a kit one day or another. It pays to know how to put it back together, though!
Why in the world would anyone meet in the middle? Bad business model, bad business model. Like building? What is stopping you? Please put that ARF down and step back sir...

Correction: The way I see it, every model (ARF or otherwise) will end up a kit one day or another. Actually, you have available something very close to what you propose. You can buy fiberglass fuselages for most of Ziroli's designs:-)

I think the whole argument (ARF versus kit) is lame, moronic, stupid, idiotic, silly. (and I am only using nice words)

You always find this discussions initiated by a insecure colleague stick kit builder. Yes, their number is shrinking, and from mainstream, they are going into a niche activity. Yes, the breed is on his way to been dead. Well, not dead, some of us will always find something to build, but the numbers are shrinking rapidly, amazingly rapidly. Insecure, stick kit builders attack people that favor ARFs. Oh well. Their share of the market shows this clearly. Heck, to keep the thing going even Top Gun had to open the doors to ARFS.

Enjoy the hobby in any way you see fit! To all those that think that their hobby is better than mine: Get a shrink, they actually can help people like you:-)

Gerry
Do not quote me on this, but I think Donald Trump is posting under an assumed name on this forum;-) I recognize an ego that size anywhere...