RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central NEW YORK boaters
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

I'm home with a great day of running. Ottawa what a good time. the pond is large ,secluded and a great bunch of guys. We did get rain yesterday. The pond is on a gravel bed property. A good mile off the road,back in. plenty of room for all 10 -12 guys running today. The race moved kinda quick. It was a big club years ago. 20 members and more every year. revised newer members. They love the Gas riggers. I had the only .21 -.12 riggers. I did have some starting problems with all my nitro hulls different needle settings. The cat is still not setup yet. Pipe/prop combo. 2 adjustments on the strut. My E Vee did well until I hit a turtle or fish. I t died in the race line and got hit. I'm semi OK I do need a new rudder. The shear pin worked but a bushing was lost. Very sloppy rudder. but I just got a NIB one from Joe. My .12 rigger lost a bearing Not good I got one good run in. My .21 rigger ran great. But a bad launch and my flex coupler came off. One little thing after another. Good day of running still. My Santa Fe and trailer look like I came off the range. mud from the gravel bed. gray mud not brown mud. I plan on going back later in the season, if I can do it. Rooms were kinda High price wise, close to the airport. But it was a nice place. Camping is OK at the pond, out house no power. I had fun that's all that matters.