RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:52 PM
DashRiprock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Hey guys, i`m having some problems with my boat and i thought maybe you could offer some help.

i tried to run my boat yesterday and earlier today. both times when i start it the boat wants to run way too fast.and wont die when i push the trigger on the remote forward. ive tried to slow down the idle with the throttle trim, and at first that seemed to work for like a min then it reved up fast again and a few sec later it died. i was afraid of damaging my motor with it running so fast and its not in the water or anything. the high speed needle is still set at the recommended starting setting 2.5 turns  counter clockwise from fully closed. ive barely ran 1 full tank thru it because i keep having problems with it dying in the middle of the pond. i am running the omega 10% fuel and i know its got a lower oil content also and with it revving up so high i dont want to damage anything.  is this a problem with the low speed needle setting? or should i richen the hi speed needle?
what do you guys think?
oh yeah i forgot to mention the original plastic prop has the tips chipped off. i think from the high rev, i know it has not hit any rocks or anything that may damage it. one has a pretty good chunk out of it. so i will replace the prop with the new metal prop ive got.