RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Ruger-777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Got a chance todosome bashinon my little back yard track yesterday. The soil around here is about 2" of black topsoil then sugar sand as far as you can dig so my track ended up having a semi-hard pack bottom with a little loose sand on top on the straights, lots ofloose sand in the cornersand I brought in two loads of a clay mixfor all the jumps. All the loose sand can present a good challengegetting traction out of the corners so you can line up to hit the jumps straight in a short distanceand still be going fast enough to clearit . anyway I pulled out the MT2 and rustlerand it was like night and day as far as controllability, the MT2 was much better,Obviously the rustler is 2wd so that was taken into consideration but it could not handle the corners nearly as well, I thought I would be able to slide around the corners with it and still maintain some speed but that wasn't the case, if it didn't wash out completely it fishtailed so bad youI couldn'tline up with the jumps. maybe it was because the front end is so light, maybe its my inexperience inrunning 2wd trucks or maybe it was justthe firsttime I had seen a 2wd and4x4 run next to each other.The MT2 however was like it was on rails, It ended up being one of those days when all the time, money and tinkering to get your truck to perform the wayyou imagined it would all come togetherand it makes you remember why its all worth it. It was a blast but I ended up breaking the wing mount on a bad landing anyone know of one that will work with the cf tower? my last one was kind of a custom deal. and my pull start isnot working for meI don't know if its the OWB or what but it keeps slipping and wont turn it over, I have taken itapart twice now and inspected it for cracks and cleaned it all up with denatured alcohol but it keeps slipping, I want to try out a roto start and new OWB , has any one put one on a os18 cv-rx? I cant seem to findone that will work.