RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Lizzie Build
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:09 PM
knucklebutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Lizzie Build

A little setback for those following (which is probably just Stan) My on board glow system failed to work. I wont bore you with details. All my aircraft have on board glow systems. I've used many (Sullivan:Maxx/MPI/Electro Dynamics) recently I have converted just about everything i have to a new system from Switch/Glow

http://www.switchglo.com/

I love these units as they are very simple. They run off the receiver battery (4.8 or 6V) although you can program them to your throttle setting, they also can be switched on and off from a TX. switch. When they are on they beep very loudly: if there's a problem they dont beep. I decided to go with a different brand because with Switch/Glow on a twin you have to use 2 of them.

I went with a Horizon Hobby product that I have never tried: not only did the plugs not glow (I verified a good current flow)but made the throttle servos glitch badly. (I will call horizon next week)

The good news I used 2 Switch/Glow, one in each Nacelle, using very long extensions and they work perfect. Using these also eliminated 4 extra wires. I certainly recommend the Switch/Glow

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99169.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1618936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46758.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1618937