RCU Forums - View Single Post - Try to hover question - drifting when light on skids
Old 06-05-2011, 02:31 AM
lcc014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Try to hover question - drifting when light on skids

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

Are you trying to take off from a smooth surface? The helicopters always seem to want to slide to the left on a smooth surface when they get light on the skids. If so, try using something like a piece of carpet to take off from and flip it over and use the back side of it.
The helicopter will not slide sideways on the rough surface. Just be prepared though, as it lifts off. It will likely drift off to the left and you will need to add a small amount of right cyclic. Don't over correct it though or it will zoom off to the right. Try to use small amounts of stick input to keep it in one place. It may take a second for the helicopter to react to your stick input so try not to over react or you will be chasing it all over the place.

Good luck...
Yes, I was trying to practise hovering in my kitchen's floor which was a smooth surface. I will try your suggestion - back side of a carpet to try to take it off. Thanks very much.

Ching-Ho Cheng