RCU Forums - View Single Post - Adjusting the low speed?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 AM
geezeraviation
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adjusting the low speed?

Some carbs are very sensitive to the low speed setting. When I first ran my ASP 4.0 Radial it could not be made to run rich. Checking the manual showed the low needle to be in the recommended range and after installing larger fuel lines and fuel nipples trying to get more fuel into it I started fooling with the low speed needle and it now runs like a top with the low needle about two and a half turns out from factory recomendation, Yes the carb was removed and cleaned and checked for gritters or manufacturing dross and was super clean. It just plain doesnt work the way they said it was supposed to. If you're getting lean runs at the factory setting then its not right. You've already done some experimenting and found out a few things, keep at it till it runs cool enough with good power and you get the best idle you can. They are all similar but what worked for ceecrb1 may only give you grief. Its a shame those engines dont seem to perform well overall and thier reputation is less than Sterling cause there are so many places they just plain fit better. Also you know what Allan went through with his SSW. Ck everything for possible air leaks that could be contributing.
Doc