RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions
Old 06-05-2011, 04:58 PM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions

Well it finally happen, the weather was great and the wind was 7-10 mph straight down the runway!  So I finally got the t-6A Texan on her first flight!  I flew it with Power 90 motor, 8 cell 4000 mah lipos with a 15x10 prop. 

The Texan taxied down the runway for about <metricconverter productid="30 feet">30 feet</metricconverter> and had a very smooth take off!  Once I had her up, it just took 1 click on the Aileron and she flew hands off!  The stock retracts worked great, smooth and at a nice speed.  LOVE the retracts.   There no bad flight habits turned great even at ½ throttle.    

She had rolled very nicely and flew great inverted!!  I was really worried about the landing all winter long, but she landed great!!  Floated in very nicely!   GREAT landing!!! (all 3 landing were great!)  This bird is no flying brick!!!  I love it!!

I flew the first Lipo for 5 minutes, and lots of juice left.  I flew the next lipo  for 6 minutes and once again a great flying plane!!!!   The final battery went for 8 minutes and the cell voltage at the end of the flight was 3.75 volts, and this was at about ¾ and full throttle.

Just had a great day of flying and the bird turned lots of heads at the field!!   Could not ask for a better day of first flights!!

I have a few pictures that I will have to download and will post in the next day.